WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Darren H and Doug Church review.

Go down 
+5
Garry John
pauldb38
Lorna
val w (Kinky Boots)
John Devil
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Ooops Sorry Sean, just saw your post. Will talk to other mods now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Lorna wrote:
Darren, hopefully now you understand that there was no conspiricy, that it was actually moved because that is where reviews go 9 times out of 10. Obviously as way back as 2007 we may not have done that but if you get chance, have a look in the gig section for all the reviews that were put in the right place. You will find again 9 out of 10 will be in there.

Fab review by the way Sean. Glad you had a great time Wink
Hi Lorna, never thought it was a conspiracy, just thought it odd that was all but as I said all points raised & addressed so no harm done Wink I agree with Sean regarding the unrelated posts . . .
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Darren as you use the forum as your personal publicity machine i wouldnt have thought a good review like what sean had done to be transfered over into the gig list would be a problem to you.

Allow me to explain , you dont need to be a member to read the gig list section on here , so anyone googling dough church or Darren H would bring them to this review in the gig list surely this is a good thing ?

I think you tend to over analyse everything Darren , and a simple explanation to why things was different in 2007 is simple , we have changed the moderator teams a few times over the years and as they decide the rules a new team would have new rules unless they was happy with the previous.

Really Darren if you think your been mistreated on here or you think the team are out to get you i can assure you this isn't the case but if you feel that way we wont be offended if you decide to leave if your not happy. Let me know via PM how you want to go with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:01 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Darren as you use the forum as your personal publicity machine i wouldnt have thought a good review like what sean had done to be transfered over into the gig list would be a problem to you.

Allow me to explain , you dont need to be a member to read the gig list section on here , so anyone googling dough church or Darren H would bring them to this review in the gig list surely this is a good thing ?

I think you tend to over analyse everything Darren , and a simple explanation to why things was different in 2007 is simple , we have changed the moderator teams a few times over the years and as they decide the rules a new team would have new rules unless they was happy with the previous.

Really Darren if you think your been mistreated on here or you think the team are out to get you i can assure you this isn't the case but if you feel that way we wont be offended if you decide to leave if your not happy. Let me know via PM how you want to go with this.
'Mistreated??' Goodness me, don't talk rubbish Paul! I merely pointed it out. Why must u always be so sarcastic, why can't u just answer respectfully like others do. I get involved with lots of other peoples threads & post many threads that have nothing to do with me at all but to do with Elvis & Elvis related stuff. Yes I promote myself but so do many others, I have never just used this forum to just do that & u know it.
I thought this subject was all sorted but 'hey ho' wrong again eh!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:16 pm

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:

'Mistreated??' Goodness me, don't talk rubbish Paul! I merely pointed it out. Why must u always be so sarcastic, why can't u just answer respectfully like others do. I get involved with lots of other peoples threads & post many threads that have nothing to do with me at all but to do with Elvis & Elvis related stuff. Yes I promote myself but so do many others, I have never just used this forum to just do that & u know it.

Oh Darren you do this everytime and tbh you really do pull the browser down , we are all supposed to be friends on here and have a good time , then comes along you with your oh it seems strange it just me etc , Grow Up man and grow a Pair !! As soon as a mod on here says something or decides to move posts there you go searching the forum just so you can say well why didnt you do that back in 2007 or whatever the date is it looks like i'm been singled out. Now that really is Pathetic Darren. Val was in her rights to move the posts and followed everything by the book.

I am becoming very Bored with your silly little moans take a chill pill man and stop going through life thinking everyone's out to get you because there not, life is for enjoying you only get one shot at it. No more Moaning please !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:25 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:

Oh Darren you do this everytime and tbh you really do pull the browser down , we are all supposed to be friends on here and have a good time , then comes along you with your oh it seems strange it just me etc , Grow Up man and grow a Pair !! As soon as a mod on here says something or decides to move posts there you go searching the forum just so you can say well why didnt you do that back in 2007 or whatever the date is it looks like i'm been singled out. Now that really is Pathetic Darren. Val was in her rights to move the posts and followed everything by the book.

I am becoming very Bored with your silly little moans take a chill pill man and stop going through life thinking everyone's out to get you because there not, life is for enjoying you only get one shot at it. No more Moaning please !
Ok Paul whatever, dress it up how u like, I made a valid point & merely asked a valid question & u don't like it. If I am so bad then why haven't u removed me & maybe I will do the same on Chat then our paths don't have to cross. All u do on ours is promote your events on there u very rarely interact but we don't say a word to u & try 7 belittle u like u do to people on here! You need to grow some nort me. You are the one now dragging this on!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Looking at the previous posts in this topic i'm not the only one who doesn't like it . And as for me always promoting events on your forum , firstly unlike yours mine have all been for good causes like cancer charity's , childrens charity's etc , in the spirit of Elvis i do believe Elvis himself surrounded himself in helping others and supporting charity's, what i take from that is if you have the means to do it to help others then you do it.

I dont do any of this for my own benefit but to help others because thats the person i am i will help any genuine person or charity out. So by me advertising our charity events on your forum that makes me a bad person does it ?

Makes me laugh coming from Mr publicity himself Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:49 pm

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:
DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:

Ok Paul whatever, dress it up how u like, I made a valid point & merely asked a valid question & u don't like it. If I am so bad then why haven't u removed me & maybe I will do the same on Chat then our paths don't have to cross. All u do on ours is promote your events on there u very rarely interact but we don't say a word to u & try 7 belittle u like u do to people on here! You need to grow some nort me. You are the one now dragging this on!
ELVIS CHAT YOUR HAVING A LAUGH ARNT YOU DARREN... CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY THE MODS OF THIS BROWSER HAVE NEVER BEEN PERMITTED TO JOIN YOUR LITTLE CLUB YET ALL YOURMEMBERS/MODS TEAM HAVE NEVER BEEN REFUSED HERE BUT WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS & AS FOR GOING ON YOUR THE ONE THAT CANT LEAVE IT.. confused confused VAL,MYSELF,LORNA & PAUL HAVE TRIED TO GRACEFULLY EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU BUT YOU KEEP GOING ON LIKE A STUCK RECORD
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:50 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Looking at the previous posts in this topic i'm not the only one who doesn't like it . And as for me always promoting events on your forum , firstly unlike yours mine have all been for good causes like cancer charity's , childrens charity's etc , in the spirit of Elvis i do believe Elvis himself surrounded himself in helping others and supporting charity's, what i take from that is if you have the means to do it to help others then you do it.

I dont do any of this for my own benefit but to help others because thats the person i am i will help any genuine person or charity out. So by me advertising our charity events on your forum that makes me a bad person does it ?

Makes me laugh coming from Mr publicity himself Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling
yawn! Sleep How much longer must we do this Neutral
No it doesn't make u a bad person doing charity events & u got it wrong yet again, I have done plenty for charity events but just coz I don't plaster it over forums etc doesn't mean I don't do it & there are many people that can tell u about this too. All i said is that is ALL u do on our forum, end of, never said it was bad did I? If u was a genuine person u wouldn't behave in such a manner & tell me stuff face to face but u don't Paul, u just pretend that u do but the reality is u don't. You can say what u want from now on coz I am no longer going to reply to your childish comments. All u ever do is put me down, that's all u have ever done since I have known u. I have seen u do it to others too & that's why they leave here.
I have no more to say to u & will ignore anything else u have to say coz it ain't worth a light . . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Garry John wrote:
DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:
DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:

ELVIS CHAT YOUR HAVING A LAUGH ARNT YOU DARREN... CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY THE MODS OF THIS BROWSER HAVE NEVER BEEN PERMITTED TO JOIN YOUR LITTLE CLUB YET ALL YOURMEMBERS/MODS TEAM HAVE NEVER BEEN REFUSED HERE BUT WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS & AS FOR GOING ON YOUR THE ONE THAT CANT LEAVE IT.. confused confused VAL,MYSELF,LORNA & PAUL HAVE TRIED TO GRACEFULLY EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU BUT YOU KEEP GOING ON LIKE A STUCK RECORD
Hi Garry, I activated Viva Ronnie & Val's account a while back, there was alot unactivated on there last year as Alan was ill & I to be honest din't really bother checking as it was the last thing I was concerned about after losing my Dad.
Paul & Lorna are members on there too.
I personally was never welcomed with opens at all Garry just tollerated going by what Paul says. I am not the one going on if u read the posts, I asked for an end to it ages ago then everyone else jumped on the band wagon.
As I said before I have no more to say about it, flippin' 'eck all I did was was ask a valid question, I was not nasty or disrespectful or insulting in any way shape or form when I asked the question why, yet I look how u address me, ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Ha HA that suits me just fine Darren , but allow me to say this i have better things to do with my time than put you down , and oddly you dont need me to do that to you because you do a good job of it yourself . Who do you actually think you are thinking you have so much importance in my life i want to put you down ??? Darren i couldn't give a flying F*ck about you or what you get upto.

I would sooner put all my energy into my friends you know the true ones that dont go behind your back etc, something you haven't managed to grasp yet. I have tried to like you really tried but you make it so hard. You and everyone else knows i wear my heart on my sleeve and if i have something to say i will say it direct to the person and its that what some people dont like , some would prefer you to be nicey nice to your face and then slag you off behind your back.

Not me i'm honest as the days long and my friends will tell you the same, i wont dress it up and say it as it is . Marmite springs to mind
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Quote :
All u ever do is put me down, that's all u have ever done since I have known u. I have seen u do it to others too & that's why they leave here.

aww bless...its Pauls bloody forum i think hes entitled to do what he pretty much likes if you dont like it you know what you can do

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

TCBDavid wrote:
Quote :
All u ever do is put me down, that's all u have ever done since I have known u. I have seen u do it to others too & that's why they leave here.

aww bless...its Pauls bloody forum i think hes entitled to do what he pretty much likes if you dont like it you know what you can do

Thanks for the Advice David, much appreciated Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:28 pm

glad u liked it, it came from the heart you see so i hope u could feeling the meaning behind it
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:24 pm

WOW...
i must say whilst on another elvis forum, I was sick and tired of my posts being moved all the time. (without most of the time being notified) I would have to ask where my post had gone... a couple of times posts deleted.

I even put a topic up asking why my posts/topics are always being moved (which that topic got deleted).
Ironically (is that spelt right) i put up a topic about the broadway london after chris was there last year showing photos etc and it got moved to the gig section also. (which i sent a message apologising saying that i wasn't sure where i was allowed to put it)

I even had others advertising their shows on my venue gig section, (with actual photos and videos!!!!) which was allowed for weeks until i questioned it.

eventually after so much aggrevation, group bullying, and lies being told, I asked to leave. Via pm, and also on public topic.
I was told that I could not as was up to the mods and that I would have to wait for a decision! I kept asking for my account to be deleted and ALL topics and vids I had posted to be deleted. Again I was told that this would be a silly move, and that I would have to WAIT for a decision about being removed. Eventually as it was upsetting me, Chris stepped in and messaged the owner to delete me as requested, which was done later that day.

anyone back to the review... which read great sean, sounds like you had good time. A few friends went and said how great the aftershow party was, with doug and his singing and fellow etas singing also. I would have liked to have seen doug again myself, but was in sunny scotland (not so sunny but 100mph winds!!!) Doug has always been a fav of mine.

Well done to all involved.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Getting back to the review, im glad those who have read it enjoyed it.

I think i shocked a few people who was at the aftershow party when i sang 'Could I Fall In Love'.

Im sure i heard someone say 'Whats that skinhead-looking thug doing singing an Elvis ballad'? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:39 pm

did anyone film you singing it sean?? x
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:45 pm

LISA wrote:
did anyone film you singing it sean?? x

Dont think so Lisa affraid

I didn't mind doing it but was just happy watching all the other guys singing.

Very enjoyable night.
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:01 am

Quote :
i must say whilst on another elvis forum

i have a feeling thats a forum none of us can get on apart from what is essentially a certain someones groupies and fan club
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:29 am

TCBDavid wrote:
Quote :
i must say whilst on another elvis forum

i have a feeling thats a forum none of us can get on apart from what is essentially a certain someones groupies and fan club

David,

Whats your opinion of the review of the show?

In the 4 replies you have posted on this topic, not one mention of the review.

Thats the only reason why i posted it up so it can be discussed.

Lets not all get into a fight please,its not about rivalry or siding with one another, its all about Elvis nothing else.

Ive been involved in enough fights on Elvis forums to realise no good comes out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:33 am

I have to say...for what its worth-i came here to look at the review sean had done about the show-ive not been to an ETA show in years and Darren seems like a good entertainer...its not particulary pleasent when all this bad feeling goes on-especially between etas.
I mean...at the end of the day sean put up a good review of the show-does it rally matter where it was sent or where it was meant to be...not really does it.
I did enjoy reading ur review Sean...and im glad you had a good time. xx
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Sean wrote:

Lets not all get into a fight please,its not about rivalry or siding with one another, its all about Elvis nothing else.

Ive been involved in enough fights on Elvis forums to realise no good comes out of it.
totally Agree Sean. Let's call a truce guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:37 pm

i saw both Darren & Doug in dorset a few years ago and really enjoyed the show ,and not having seen Doug live before i was really looking forward to it and i wasn't disapointed. really enjoyed your review Sean glad to here you had a good time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Pete Moore wrote:
i saw both Darren & Doug in dorset a few years ago and really enjoyed the show ,and not having seen Doug live before i was really looking forward to it and i wasn't disapointed. really enjoyed your review Sean glad to here you had a good time
Hi Pete, glad u enjoyed the show, wow doesn't time fly, think that was nearly 4 years ago. We all such a great time that weekend especially the get together the day after drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:09 pm

sean i think the review is pretty solid its sounds like a good show ive heard from others though that doug didnt seem to be on very long, 8 songs someone told me which if they are right would be a shame considering how far hes had to come
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darren H and Doug Church review.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next