WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Darren H and Doug Church review.

Go down 
+5
Garry John
pauldb38
Lorna
val w (Kinky Boots)
John Devil
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Darren H and Doug Church review. Empty
PostSubject: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Last night i went along to see the Elvis Tribute Show starring Darren H and Doug Church at the Broadway Theatre, Catford, South East London.

Got there just after 7pm and took my seat and waited till the crowds started filling up the venue.

While we was all waiting for the show to start we had alot of 50's and 60's non-Elvis songs to keep us entertained.

There was a 4-piece band on the stage called 'The Wonder Of Elvis' plus also very attractive female backing singer.

About 10 mins before the show started i got a text from an Elvis mate of mine who was there to see Doug Church and the text was' Im at the Broadway Theatre in Catford to see Doug Church and will let you know what its like', so i replied back' yeah im here too' and he was sitting in the same row as me but at the other end which is about 25 seats away from me'
Small world we live in!!!!

Darren came on stage around 7.45pm and started the show with a quite a few 50's numbers and then moved on to some rare 60's numbers including movie soundtrack numbers.

There were a few people in the audience who Darren kindly acknowledged including me Smile which he dedicated the song 'It Feels So Right' to and as i thought, Darren did a great version.

He did a quick costume change while the female vocalist 'Tina' did a great version of 'Fever' and then Darren came out in his TTWII jumpsuit and finished off his segment with some fine performances which got a great reception from the crowd.

His Mum was in the audience and he proudly introduced her to the audience and im sure she was equally as proud to see her son putting on such a great show.

Darren also did a moving version of 'Just Pretend' and dedicated this song to his Dad.

This was the first time i had seen Darren in person after viewing so many video clips of him and he is so much better in person, i was very impressed.

Also what i liked was he is quite a funny guy, he knows how to entertain the crowd and made the crowd feel very comfortable and everyone was having a great time.

There was a short break and i met my friend who was impressed with Darren's segment of the show then it was the turn of Doug Church, and i saw why he is regarded so highly, Doug also put in a brilliant performance and had on the famous 'Peacock' suit which looked great.

Although time didnt allow Doug to be on as long as he would have wanted, his version of 'An American Trilogy' was fantastic.

The show ended and i waited about after the show just to congratulate Darren and quite a number of people went to one of the local pubs in the area and i met up with Darren and Doug and had a great chat with them both, and then someone managed to get a mic set up and thats when the fun started, it turned into another show with other tribute artists singing and even i was talked into doing a number Laughing

Doug did a great version of Unchained Melody, just singing without any backing tracks.

It was such a great night and im sure everyone who was there would say the same, i left the pub just after 1am, tired but worth it.

If Darren and Doug do get the chance to do a few more shows in the future, try and get round to seeing them, its a show not to be missed.

Last edited by Sean on Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Sean wrote:
Last night i went along to see the Elvis Tribute Show starring Darren H and Doug Church at the Broadway Theatre, Catford, South East London.

Got there just after 7pm and took my seat and waited till the crowds started filling up the venue.

While we was all waiting for the show to start we had alot of 50's and 60's non-Elvis songs to keep us entertained.

There was a 4-piece band on the stage called 'The Wonder Of Elvis' plus also very attractive female backing singer.

About 10 mins before the show started i got a text from an Elvis mate of mine who was there to see Doug Church and the text was' Im at the Broadway Theatre in Catford to see Doug Church and will let you know what its like', so i replied back' yeah im here too' and he was sitting in the same row as me but at the other end which is about 25 rows away from me'
Small world we live in!!!!

Darren came on stage around 7.45pm and started the show with a quite a few 50's numbers and then moved on to some rare 60's numbers including movie soundtrack numbers.

There were a few people in the audience who Darren kindly acknowledged including me Smile which he dedicated the song 'It Feels So Right' to and as i thought, Darren did a great version.

He did a quick costume change while the female vocalist 'Tina' did a great version of 'Fever' and then Darren came out in his TTWII jumpsuit and finished off his segment with some fine performances which got a great reception from the crowd.

His Mum was in the audience and he proudly introduced her to the audience and im sure she was equally as proud to see her son putting on such a great show.

Darren also did a moving version of 'Just Pretend' and dedicated this song to his Dad.

This was the first time i had seen Darren in person after viewing so many video clips of him and he is so much better in person, i was very impressed.

Also what i liked was he is quite a funny guy, he knows how to entertain the crowd and made the crowd feel very comfortable and everyone was having a great time.

There was a short break and i met my friend who was impressed with Darren's segment of the show then it was the turn of Doug Church, and i saw why he is regarded so highly, Doug also put in a brilliant performance and had on the famous 'Peacock' suit which looked great.

Although time didnt allow Doug to be on as long as he would have wanted, his version of 'An American Trilogy' was fantastic.

The show ended and i waited about after the show just to congratulate Darren and quite a number of people went to one of the local pubs in the area and i met up with Darren and Doug and had a great chat with them both, and then someone managed to get a mic set up and thats when the fun started, it turned into another show with other tribute artists singing and even i was talked into doing a number Laughing

Doug did a great version of Unchained Melody, just singing without any backing tracks.

It was such a great night and im sure everyone who was there would say the same, i left the pub just after 1am, tired but worth it.

If Darren and Doug do get the chance to do a few more shows in the future, try and get round to seeing them, its a show not to be missed.
WOW! Thankyou for such a great review Sean & I appreciate your kind words. So glad u enjoyed the show, that's what makes it all worth while my friend Wink Really glad that your friend enjoyed it too. I was very emotional when I performed 'Just Pretend' & at one point nearly started to cry but did my best to try compose myself but it was difficult. Doug's vocals were on top form as usual & I never get fed up watching him perform, awesome! I so blessed to be working with him as he is a legend in his own right.
It was an absolute pleasure meeting u after the show & was glad I could finally buy ya that drink drunken
Everyone had a great time at the after show get together including myself & Doug & I must say what great performance by yourself at the bar.
Thanks again Sean, very much appreciated Wink
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Sounds like you had a great night Sean. Great review.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:43 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Sounds like you had a great night Sean. Great review.

Thanks, yeah it was a great night Val. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks again Sean, it's weird why your review has been moved to the gig list scratch If u search 'reviews' in the browser search engine most reviews are on the main page: https://elvisisinthebrowser.forumotion.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=review&show_results=topics
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:28 pm

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
Thanks again Sean, it's weird why your review has been moved to the gig list scratch If u search 'reviews' in the browser search engine most reviews are on the main page: https://elvisisinthebrowser.forumotion.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=review&show_results=topics

Yeah, thought it had been removed completely.

Val did let me know that it had been moved to the Gig list section.

Can't explain why it was moved from the main page cause it wasnt doing any harm there.

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Sean make your mind up, you said it was fine. It was changed as we have to be consistant of where things are being put. Darren, yes others have slipped through and some of the reviews were regarding Elvis things.

At the end of the day Darren it has not removed or anything, it was moved so that it gave people a chance to see and read the review without it getting lost in other topics in the Elvis section. Maybe the gig section wasnt the right one but at the time I thought it was. You can use the search button all day long to pick at things but as a moderator we would like the site to be stream line and everyone know where everything is. If you feel something is in the wrong section, please feel free to send a pm to the moderators.

As Sean said I had let him know.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Sean make your mind up, you said it was fine. It was changed as we have to be consistant of where things are being put. Darren, yes others have slipped through and some of the reviews were regarding Elvis things.

At the end of the day Darren it has not removed or anything, it was moved so that it gave people a chance to see and read the review without it getting lost in other topics in the Elvis section. Maybe the gig section wasnt the right one but at the time I thought it was. You can use the search button all day long to pick at things but as a moderator we would like the site to be stream line and everyone know where everything is. If you feel something is in the wrong section, please feel free to send a pm to the moderators.

As Sean said I had let him know.

Val,

Just would like to point out that i didn't have a problem with it being moved, just didnt know why it was moved so there is no need with the 'make your mind up ' comment.

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Okidoki Sean, if you had asked me in the pm I would have explained more. Not getting into an he said she said argument about it. I thought it was for the good of the topic but hay ho we cant please everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Okidoki Sean, if you had asked me in the pm I would have explained more. Not getting into an he said she said argument about it. I thought it was for the good of the topic but hay ho we cant please everyone.

No problem Val. Wink
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:23 pm

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
DARREN CONSIDERING THAT SEANS ORIGINAL POST INFORMING EVERYONE THAT HE WAS COMING TO SEE YOU & DOUG WAS PUT IN THIS SECTION BY HIMSELF "WE" THE MODS THOUGHT IT ONLY RIGHT TO MOVE IT HERE TO 1.KEEP THE CORISPONDING POSTS TOGETHER
2.GIVE YOU BETTER EXOPSURE
3. & FINALLY THE FACT THAT IT IS A REVIEW ABOUT YOU & MR DOUG CHURCH ONE OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN THE ETA WORLD WOULD KEEP IT AT THE TOP OF THE RELAVANT SECTION & HAS ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT BY VAL, NOT GET LOST IN ANOTHER BUSIER SECTION

JUST TO CLARIFY THINGS, "NO CONSPIRCY HERE" HOPE THIS HELPS
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:40 pm

My fault. Embarassed

I guess i should have kept the review in the same topic i had already posted in the main forum.

I was pretty tired when i wrote that review but wanted to put it up ASAP so it was fresh in my mind.

Apology for the mix-up.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Thats ok Sean, all done and forgotton about now. As I said before great review.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Sean wrote:
My fault. Embarassed

I guess i should have kept the review in the same topic i had already posted in the main forum.

I was pretty tired when i wrote that review but wanted to put it up ASAP so it was fresh in my mind.

Apology for the mix-up.
Thumbs Thumbs NO APOLOGYS NEEDED BUDDY & JUST TO REITERATE WE WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP BY MOVING IT HERE TO GIVE IT BETTER EXPOSURE ALLOWING VISITORS & NON.MEMBERS TO VIEW IT ASWELL AS ALL OUR MEMBERS Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

No big deal guys, just wondered that's all coz I have always read peoples reviews in the main section & not in the gig list & how come all the others mentioned below have not been moved from the main page yet this one has all of a sudden, don't really make sense scratch but no harm done I guess Rolling Eyes

what do you think of this review ???????
[ Goto page: 1, 2 ] Elvis Tribute 28 viva ronnie c 245 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am
BIG JULES

Doug Church review?
Elvis Tribute 12 elvisinmemphis 163 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 pm

my porthcawl review ( chris Connor )
Elvis Tribute 9 mystic moore 196 Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:11 am
jason

Craig Memphis King Playhouse theatre Sleaford gig review
Elvis Tribute 5 memphisking@elvis1988.plu 72 Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:11 pm
MichaelAMemphis

Gordon Hendricks Review
Elvis Tribute 0 val w (Kinky Boots) 33 Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:26 pm

EddieP Love Me Tender Weekend Review x
[ Goto page: 1, 2 ] Elvis Tribute 16 Lorna 357 Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 am
rock n roll rebel

Michael King and Chris Connor at Port Sunlight Review
Elvis Tribute 0 Lorna 40 Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:38 pm

REVIEW
Elvis Tribute 7 Guest 145 Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 am
My Shawn Klush Review

Me with "Memphis Review Showband"
YouTube Video's 0 TimDudleyETA 17 Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:20 pm
TimDudleyETA

Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:47 am

9 in over 3 years is hardly ground breaking news darren just because its not done like ur chat or whatever its called doesnt mean its wrong
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:02 am

[quote="DARREN H PRESLEY"]No big deal guys, just wondered that's all coz I have always read peoples reviews in the main section & not in the gig list & how come all the others mentioned below have not been moved from the main page yet this one has all of a sudden, don't really make sense scratch but no harm done I guess.

"No harm done guys" yet it seems you've gone to alot of work there Darren researching all them reviews.. scratch Must have had you up all night geek But never mind your wish is my command....! Nose face & spight springs to mind to me but hey ho you try doing your best for some people but it just goes unappreciated such is life affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:04 am

It really wasn't alot of trouble researching them Garry, just went to the search engine & typed 'reviews' & they all come up, took no more than 30 seconds & as I said pretty much all reviews were in the main section. All I was saying is that it was odd that Sean's was the only one that initially had been moved to another section, u can't deny that surely. There is no need for the sarcasm as I was only pointing out a true & valid point Neutral
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Don't know what the problem is
If a post is in Tribute then oniy members
can read it
If it is put Gig list then everyone
logging in to the Forum ie visitors etc
Can then read it surly that's better
For all concerned Good Call is what I say
And I'm. Sure if this decision had been
Made before the gigs mentioned would
have had more people reading them
Great Review Sean. And congratulations
To Darren and Doug for what sounds a
Great Show
Just my opinion Guys
Regards John
Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

TCBDavid wrote:
9 in over 3 years is hardly ground breaking news darren just because its not done like ur chat or whatever its called doesnt mean its wrong
Thankyou for your input David but NOBODY said it was wrong did they?? Nope they didn't! Rolling Eyes I was just stating a fact. As I said there's no harm done but it just seemed odd that Sean's was the only one that has been moved & the reason I quoted the others was to just back up what I was trying to say that's all. Surely if a review belongs in the gig-list then why aren't all of them there, that's my point, nothing more. Maybe it would be better to have a review section then there is no confusion where to post it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm

John Devil wrote:
Don't know what the problem is
If a post is in Tribute then oniy members
can read it
If it is put Gig list then everyone
logging in to the Forum ie visitors etc
Can then read it surly that's better
For all concerned Good Call is what I say
And I'm. Sure if this decision had been
Made before the gigs mentioned would
have had more people reading them
Great Review Sean. And congratulations
To Darren and Doug for what sounds a
Great Show
Just my opinion Guys
Regards John
Thumbs Thumbs
Hi John, as I said no harm done but just seemed odd that the others were not moved there that's all. I am not saying it's wrong just didn't undersatnd why it was only Sean's that's all.
Thankyou John, yes the shows were alot of fun & I respect your opinion Wink
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Darren, as it has been previously said we are streamlining the sections. As you are not one of the moderators on here it is not your decision to say where we would like things to be put to make our browser a good and easy accessible information for all.

As reviews were past reviews they are in the past as as I dont want to spend my extra seconds to move things that were there in the past to where they should be, it is wasting time. It is up to the moderators to decide on how our site is run for the best of our members. I think now you need to get a grip and stop finding fault with the browser, if you are not happy with the way things are run just say so instead of nick picking.

Sean's was not targeted or anything, as I have keep repeating myself we are streamlining things. It was me who moved the review, so please feel free to let me know if you are not happy in the way I am doing things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Val as I said before I never said anyone was wrong or right for that matter, neither did I say I wasn't happy, just wondered why & pointed out that the other reveiws were not put in this section.
Never said Sean was targeted either scratch Can we please now leave it there as all points have been raised & addressed.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:07 pm

May i make a suggestion to the Mods please.

I know most of these posts on this topic are unrelated to the review i posted and i really appreciate this topic being put back on the All Elvis section, i was wondering if there is any chance if all unrelated posts on this topic can be deleted.

Im sorry if this got abit out of hand Embarassed

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Darren, hopefully now you understand that there was no conspiricy, that it was actually moved because that is where reviews go 9 times out of 10. Obviously as way back as 2007 we may not have done that but if you get chance, have a look in the gig section for all the reviews that were put in the right place. You will find again 9 out of 10 will be in there.

Fab review by the way Sean. Glad you had a great time Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darren H and Doug Church review.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next