WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Darren H and Doug Church review.

Go down 
+5
Garry John
pauldb38
Lorna
val w (Kinky Boots)
John Devil
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:47 pm

His set was on for approx 42 minutes & he did more than 8 songs, We were on a tight time schedule with the theatre & had to be out by 11pm. Don't believe ALL u are told as I very much doubt people were sitting there timing him with their watches . .
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:20 pm

i heard that from several different people so i thought there might be something to it.42 minutes in my opinion is still abit short
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:31 pm

yes David 42 mins is a little short I agree but as I said we were on a tight time schedule, even I had to alter my sets to accomodate the times of the theatre, we intially thought we had until 11.30pm to be out by but it was 11pm we had to do it by. Doug's set was originally approx 50 mins & I was suppose to do 3 x 25 mins but I only did 2 x 30 mins sets. Nothing we could do about it, couldn't start any earlier as doors didn't open until just after 7pm. Doug certainly made up for it at the after show party though, Laughing
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:46 pm

yes i heard about the after show and ive seen videos im not denying it looked good im also not that bothered how the show worked out i was just passing on something id heard....i very much doubt you check things with people when u hear them...realistically who does that
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Most of Elvis' shows were around the 40 minute mark.

It was the theatre that didn't allow the show to go on any longer than it did and im sure Doug would have wanted to stay on longer.

Just would like to say that i met Doug and he really is a friendly modest guy and he was talked into singing at the aftershow party, which he happily did.

Im sure he would have just as happy just staying in the background.

He really came over as just a regular guy.
Nothing flash about him at all.

It was also the first time i met Darren and even though there was alot of people there like members of his family and others he known longer, he took time out to chat with me for awhile.

Just a really good night.

Last edited by Sean on Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

ok guy's just to let all know this topic is being monitored and as a result of this certain comments have been edited out so please refrain from anymore sarcasm
play nice now boy's Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:10 pm

[quote="Sean"]Most of Elvis' shows were around the 40 minute mark.

It was the theatre that didn't allow the show to go on any longer than it did and im sure Doug would have wanted to stay on longer.

Just would like to say that i met Doug and he really is a friendly modest guy and he was talked into singing at the aftershow party, which he happily did.

It was also the first time i met Darren and even though there was alot of people there like members of his family and others he known longer, he took time out to chat with me for awhile.

That's right Sean, we crammed in as much as we could in the time frame. Doug really is just a down to earth guy but who has an amazing talent, I never tire watching him perform on stage. He is not one for being centre of attention after a show but as he was happy to take part in the karaoke style theme & took time out to chat with all who was there.
It really was a pleasure meeting & chatting with you mate, didn't expect u to be a guiness drinker though lol!
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:16 pm

[quote="DARREN H PRESLEY"]
Sean wrote:

Just a really good night

That's right Sean, we crammed in as much as we could in the time frame. Doug really is just a down to earth guy but who has an amazing talent, I never tire watching him perform on stage. He is not one for being centre of attention after a show but as he was happy to take part in the karaoke style theme & took time out to chat with all who was there.
It really was a pleasure meeting & chatting with you mate, didn't expect u to be a guiness drinker though lol!

Ive had some pretty heavy sessions in the past, mainly due to lager and as ive got older ive learnt my lesson to slow down.

These days i hardly drink but when i do its the odd pint of guinness, no more than 3 does me which is what i had that night. Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:19 pm

[quote="Sean"]
DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
Sean wrote:

Ive had some pretty heavy sessions in the past, mainly due to lager and as ive got older ive learnt my lesson to slow down.

These days i hardly drink but when i do its the odd pint of guinness, no more than 3 does me which is what i had that night. Wink

Laughing Bit of a rebel was ya Sean, that's rock & roll buddy . . . I know what ya mean though! Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Sophie wrote:
I have to say...for what its worth-i came here to look at the review sean had done about the show-ive not been to an ETA show in years and Darren seems like a good entertainer.
I did enjoy reading ur review Sean...and im glad you had a good time. xx

Thanks Sophie Smile
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:19 pm

I never knew Elvis's shows lasted only 40 mins...i guess i thought they went on for a couple of hours. or wishfull thinking on my part perhaps:)
certainly if Darren n Doug came up here id make an effort to go and see them...not seen an Elvis show for about 4 years, i miss them...no one to go with tbh. Dancing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Sophie wrote:
I never knew Elvis's shows lasted only 40 mins...i guess i thought they went on for a couple of hours. or wishfull thinking on my part perhaps:)
certainly if Darren n Doug came up here id make an effort to go and see them...not seen an Elvis show for about 4 years, i miss them...no one to go with tbh. Dancing
Hi Sophie, the whole show with Doug & myself should have been about 2 hours but we had to cut back a bit due to time restrictions so it ended up lasting approx 1hr & 50 mins so not far off 2 hours I guess. Where are u from Sophie? Will try & look into some possible venues near u for the future Wink Would be great to meet ya! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh...im from liverpool origianally but now live on the wirral...with Chester not so far away too...im guessing u guys are from London??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Sophie wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhh...im from liverpool origianally but now live on the wirral...with Chester not so far away too...im guessing u guys are from London??
Hiya Sophie, I am from Weymouth now but originally London but we travel all over the UK. We were due to perform at The Olympia in Liverpool but the it got postponed/cancelled. Liverpool, Manchester are areas we have talked about maybe doing a show there Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darren H and Doug Church review.   Darren H and Doug Church review. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darren H and Doug Church review.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3