WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shawn Klush coming to the UK?

Go down 
+5
elvisinmemphis
Rockin T
Lorna
charmainejensenvoisine
Waynegate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Waynegate
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Waynegate

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Empty
PostSubject: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Is it true Shawn Klush is doing a gig in Bolton in August? I read it on his website and on The Worlds greatest elvis website too

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 am

Waynegate wrote:
Is it true Shawn Klush is doing a gig in Bolton in August? I read it on his website and on The Worlds greatest elvis website too

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes Wayne it is true

Saturday, August 9th – Bolton UK, Bolton Reebok Arena World’s Greatest Elvis Concert, tentative, details coming soon.

Charmaine
Back to top Go down
elvisinmemphis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
elvisinmemphis

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:17 am

Hi Wayne

Yes August Sat 9th 2008 is the proposed date for the concert with the option (subject to ticket sales) on August friday 8th. Myself and Gordon Hendricks have already signed with both Shawn klush and Justin Shandor expected to sign anytime.

The promoters may also add some of Elvis' original backing singers to what is I believe the makings of an unbelievable Elvis tribute concert.
Certainly the biggest the UK has seen.

The full details plus videos of the acts can be found on www.theworldsgreatestelvis.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:54 am

elvisinmemphis wrote:
Hi Wayne

Yes August Sat 9th 2008 is the proposed date for the concert with the option (subject to ticket sales) on August friday 8th. Myself and Gordon Hendricks have already signed with both Shawn klush and Justin Shandor expected to sign anytime.

The promoters may also add some of Elvis' original backing singers to what is I believe the makings of an unbelievable Elvis tribute concert.
Certainly the biggest the UK has seen.

The full details plus videos of the acts can be found on www.theworldsgreatestelvis.co.uk

OMG this sounds amazing! Will defo have to get tickets when they become available. You have any idea how much they gonna cost Steve? Bet my mum and lil sis would love this too!

Anyone wanna volunteer for babysitting duty? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Waynegate
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Waynegate

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:44 am

This sounds awesome Steve, keep us informed!
Back to top Go down
Rockin T
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rockin T

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 am

Sounds excellent.
I look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Lorna

I am not sure about ticket prices but I was told the other day, that even though it has not been officially announced the Arena has had more emails and phone calls than the Amir khan fight which takes place in a few weeks.

regards steve
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Hey Steve
Good news my friend, bet your really excited if this comes off sounds FAB! what a line up and i like Justin too who will the Band be ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Mark
yes it is the most mouth watering prospect of a gig that I have ever wished to play.
The other ETA's are of the highest quality and it is also the type of venue I have relished working in, in the past and am looking forward to once again.

I believe the band will be Shawns or certainly key members such as drummer and keyboard players. That is because they want Shawn completely happy on stage, as you will know especially the key part a drummer

There are plans to add an orchestra from an Elvis show from the west end but that is a much as I know at this moment in time.

Regards Steve
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Steve
Yes thought Shawn would prefer his own band and why Not Eh!!
I can see you drooling now as you type i am really made up for you Steve to share hopefully the same stage as your Peer or peers all the best with it keep us upto date and hopefully they might get Ronnie Tutt in eh lol what a show mate all the best again i am made up for you :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks for that Mark.

It's a great opprtunity for me especially with the flak I took from the BBC show, but this will be my true domain "On Stage" and hopefully it will be the quickest comeback ever recorded. lol

Thanks again Mark the comments are much appreaciated.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Well done Steve, You will do us proud . . . back where you belong mate!!! All the best with it! Very Happy bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Steve, i just look at the link that you put up, it looks AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Yipee, I am glad Shawn is coming to the UK, as I had a bit of a dilema. Shawn is playing in Memphis on 12th August at 3.00 till 5.00, my wedding Memphis, 12th August at 4.00. Could not decide which one to go to:lol!: This has helped me make up my mind (only joking H2B).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Now that is funny! At least now you can see Shawn AND your husband to be...! What a dilemma....LOL!
Back to top Go down
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 2:21 am

Well I'm glad that problem has been solved val lol

and thanks Darren I will do my best in extremely tough company and to Essie yes I agree it's the makings of an awesome concert.

Regards Steve
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Steve

Paul Smith from Bolton here, could you confirm whether the concert is the Bolton Arena, which is seperate and across the road from the Reebock stadium, this is also where the Boxing takes place, or is it under the Reebock stadium itself in its exhibition arena.

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 pm

I googled Shawn Klush website and it says on there 'Bolton UK, Bolton Reebok Arena World’s Greatest Elvis Concert, tentative, details coming soon'. Is this seperate from the football pitch? If it is that means I can't run around on the pitch with my United shirt on lol!
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:05 am

Paul Smith here again, yes the description of the venue, sounds more like Bolton Arena which in the left hand photo below is the building on the left that looks crab shaped.

Here is the link for Bolton Arena
http://www.boltonarena.co.uk/

It is a great area for a venue, the train station is only 1oo yards away, there is a nice Harvester Pub about 50 yards away and a Holiday inn 50 yards, plus all of the Middlebrook Retail and Leisure park
http://www.middlebrook-bolton.co.uk/index.htm
Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Rebook-stadium
Back to top Go down
Waynegate
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Waynegate

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:40 am

It's gonna be tremendous! Any word on whether Shawn has signed up?
Back to top Go down
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi Paul,
Yes it is the arena which is next door to the stadium. The same arena where Amir Khan fights under Frank Warren. The reason I think Bolton was chosen is because it is central to several cities like Manchester and Liverpool, Preston but with being so close to the M61 it is easy for m6 traffic either northbound from London or Birmingham or southbound from Scotland.
Then there is even the eastbound from the M62 from Yorkshire. Conbine all that with a train station 100yds away and the massive football car park, it starts to look like the perfect venue for a one off concert.

To Wayne
I have also heard that rock FM have started to mention it as the gig is very much on in principle but I think they (the promoters and Shawn Klush's management) are just making sure the contract is watertight with 4 and 1/2 months to the proposed date.

I hear various rumours like the Sweet inspirations are to be added but can't say for sure.
One thing I do know is if you drive past or towards the Stadium it really feels like a throw back to the Elvis on tour movie in the 70's ,even though the concert is to be held in the Arena. Elvis fans will know what I mean on the day. Its an awesome gig.

regards steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush coming to the UK?   Shawn Klush coming to the UK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shawn Klush coming to the UK?
Page 1 of 1