WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there a time when you should stop?

Go down 
+6
Lorna
KING_MEMPHIS
pauldb38
Sophie
charmainejensenvoisine
Paul Richie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Is there a time when you should stop? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a time when you should stop?   Is there a time when you should stop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:31 am

Yep you certainly do Neil. Its guys like you who inspire young lads to become ETAs. And whilst we all get older we gain experience and usually with that makes a better performer.
Some women like older men anyway Wink Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Is there a time when you should stop?   Is there a time when you should stop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:05 pm

I reitterate what I have said.

All of the good ETA`s are `spreading the word (music)` of Elvis.

I have got a lot of young kids (and I do mean from 8 - 30) who did not like Elvis, come to watch my shows when they can.

It is because they now get a better idea of what Elvis was all about. They all thought `a little fat guy in an ill-fitting white jumpsuit doing stupid, uncomfortable moves and sound nothing like Elvis` - this is what the press have show them over the years of `Elvis impersinators`.

After comming to my shows they then start talking to me about "Do you do that song that Elvis does on Youtube where he goes wild..."

The point I`m making is that I want to get the younger kids into Elvis. Go back a few years and they would never have been seen talking about Elvis. It is the responsibility of ETA`s to portray our man the way we know he was.

I`m not making myself very clear, am I???

(BTW, I`m not trying to have a go at some of the guys who are big - I hope you understand my point?)

lol
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Is there a time when you should stop?   Is there a time when you should stop? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Aaaaah! Thank you Lorna! By pure coincidence a lot of older men prefer younger blondes!
Sorry Paul, just having a little flirt with your misses - but she started it!
I think I grasp what you are saying Michael.
When I perform at a wedding or a party or even holiday camps it is, for some kids, the first time they have ever seen a live act - somebody up there right in front of them singing.
Dare I say it but when I was a young teenager, you seemed to have more hands on exposure to pop music. Local bands played at your weekly dance, Top of the Pops and Ready Steady Go featured all the charting artists at that time. If you liked a song you could actually go and buy it (my first came in a peculiar roll of paper with loads of holes in it!). But it was something tangible that you could play over and over again.
I'm not sure how easy it is for young kids today to actually go and see live acts - unless they are taken to these huge open music festivals.
So, there is a responsibilty on us all to try to recreate a live Elvis Concert so that these kids get a flavour of just how exciting and unique the great man was.
To finish - just a few tips for all the older ETA's out there
1. Trust me, at my age I'm an expert at everything!
2. The older I get, the better I was!
3. I've stopped blaming my parents and started blaming my kids!
4. I feel like the morning after...and I swear I didn't go anyplace!
5. You can only hold your stomach in for just so many years!
6. No one is ever old enough to know better!
7. I intend to live forever...so far so good!

That's enough....I hear you all say!
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a time when you should stop?   Is there a time when you should stop? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there a time when you should stop?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2