WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The difference between impersonators and ETAs.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Empty
PostSubject: The difference between impersonators and ETAs.   The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:55 pm

The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Memphis_gracelandelvis_001p

With me not being an impersonator or ETA, i think this photo shows the difference between the two.

I personally, find this photo in quite bad taste and think that EPE should put a ban on anyone entering Graceland who is dressed like this.

I always felt that an Elvis Tribute Artist is someone who uses Elvis' image, who sings Elvis songs in an Elvis style in a respectful way.

Why anyone would want to get dressed up in a jumpsuit to walk inside Gracleand is beyond me, i really dont think that this guy above means to cause offence but he totally misses the point and it really does not give a good representation of all the decent ETAs there are out there.

I hope i havent offended anyone who might think that this photo is harmless but im sure it will turn into a good debate.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The difference between impersonators and ETAs.   The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 pm

This photo looks like it was taken in elvis week , its a wonder he wasn't linched.

I find anyone doing this to have no respect for Elvis or the fans who are there for geniune reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The difference between impersonators and ETAs.   The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:53 pm

The guy in the photo. Not my kind of thing, but it`s a free World (or most of it is) and as u say Sean, the guy probably did not mean to cause offence - and I think this is the key thing.

Even when people turn up at Elvis events wearing those stupid plastic wigs or cheap jumpsuits. I think it is their way of having fun, and probably, they think `getting into the spirit` of it all - no disrespect intended.

Now the Impersonator v ETA debate. I did a bit digging around the net.

An impersonator is someone who imitates or copies the behavior or actions of another.

If that is the case, all of us ETA`s are impersonators!!!

I think we are called `ETA`s` because of the stigma attached to the word `impersonator.

One thing I always look at. If an out of shape footy fan walks down the street wearing his teams shirt with `Ronaldo` on the back, would we all think "You stupid t**t" or just accept the fact he is showing his love or loyalty for his team?
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The difference between impersonators and ETAs.   The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:49 pm

I thought you were not allowed in Graceland with jumpsuits etc on. I know you are not allowed in the chapel so thought it was the same for Graceland. The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Icon_scratch .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The difference between impersonators and ETAs.   The difference between impersonators and ETAs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The difference between impersonators and ETAs.
Page 1 of 1