WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.

Go down 
+4
eselvisfan
EDDIE P
TCBDavid
Garry John
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Empty
PostSubject: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I know there is a separate topic for the Elvis event on Sunday in Hyde Park, London but i thought members on here would like to see how the BBC portray Elvis. Rolling Eyes

Im sure most of you will cringe when you see these so-called fans in jumpsuits who turned up at this event on Sunday, its annoying that they have to do this when they know there are cameras gonna be there and they know that they are gonna get on the TV.

They probably think that its fun, harmless, and respectful but id like to tell them they are Wrong,Wrong and Wrong.

How is Elvis and genuine Elvis Tribute Artists supposed to be taken seriously when there are people like this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11279580

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Amazes me that they didn't let Chris Connor go on yet they film that Evil or Very Mad

I am sure those people like Elvis in their own way I dont think can blame them its the bloody BBC!!!
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 am

i thought that bloke in black at the start was having a stroke at the end of his interview , and please tell me guy's , please for the love of god tell me when did Elvis in the middle of an interview or when he was talking to anyone look at them or the dam bloody shitin camera and say ugh ugh ugh , where the hell do they get that from , some poeple make him out to be some sort of freak and i am so fed up of it , it makes me want to cry it really does , it aint fair on the greatest entertainer the world as ever seen not fair at all Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am

dont cry Eddie, Eddie please don't cry....
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 am

Eddie you still got me & little tommy
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 pm

dammit garry i was gonna say that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:43 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
i thought that bloke in black at the start was having a stroke at the end of his interview , and please tell me guy's , please for the love of god tell me when did Elvis in the middle of an interview or when he was talking to anyone look at them or the dam bloody shitin camera and say ugh ugh ugh , where the hell do they get that from , some poeple make him out to be some sort of freak and i am so fed up of it , it makes me want to cry it really does , it aint fair on the greatest entertainer the world as ever seen not fair at all Sad
Well said Ed, I agree entirely . . I think the pathetic 'uh ha huh' saying comes from the song 'All Shook Up' & 'Good Luck Charm', I had this out with an idiot at a gig who kept shouting it out & told him straight Elvis NEVER said that, his reply was that Elvis said it in those two songs so I replied,"No he didn't, he sang it as it was part of the lyrics of the songs which may I add he did not write before you suggest that he did, never once did he in any interview or whilst chatting on stage did he ever say uh ha huh!!!"
I thought this phrase would be more associated with Cliff Richards as you see alot of impressionists use it with the Cliff curled lip . . no offence to Cliff btw.

Last edited by DARREN H on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Laughing no guy's really it does really get to me , Elvis deserves more respect , you little piss takers you Laughing
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:25 pm

When i was a kid, my dad was (and still is) also an Elvisfan. It was becourse of those clowns, that me and my dad realy thought that impersonators where LOSERS! Untill i met Johnny, I asked him, why in the world, he wanted to wear a suit, that only Elvis could wear and a specialy with a voice like his, he dint need it. He had told me, that it truly was a tribute, it was out of the love for Elvis, to let people know, there is more then just 'Blue suede shoes' and 'Hounddog'. I got the point and i knew, that he was a divoted Elvisfan. But guy's like this, they just screw it up for the real Tribute Artist. To bad, they had to show it and give attention to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:49 pm

that guy in the black costume thing should be beaten to death and then brought back to life just so we could beat him to death again. where do they get these people from?
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 pm

I really wish i hadn't clicked on to that aaaaahhhhhhhhhh Pulling Hair
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:00 pm

jason wrote:
that guy in the black costume thing should be beaten to death and then brought back to life just so we could beat him to death again. where do they get these people from?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! superb Jason , just superb lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Well after hearing the show and seeing some footage it seems it wasnt as bad as that clip made it out to be.

Apart from those morons in that clip, it was good for Elvis to be remembered in that way, some of todays artists paying tribute to him in that way.

Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 am

correct me if I am wrong..... but judging by facebook photos, it was not just fans that attended in elvis costume and wigs.... eta's did also....

Back to top Go down
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm

The ETA's that I recognised at the event, none were in "costume" and I would say that only a small minority of people were dressed up like that.

Its a shame that the cameras and interviewers went looking for them, but we all know they always do. Its a shame that they didnt do their homework and hunted out some of the ETA's that were there and ask them for their views on Elvis and what an impact he had made on their lives instead of giving air time to these clowns.

The only other gripe that I had were the program vendors selling silly cheap wigs and glassess with th eprograms, but looking around the site again only a few people bought them.

On the whole, it was an excellant event to celebrate Elvis and the majority of people there just did that, including the "Guest Performers"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.   BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBC insult to Elvis and genuine ETAs.
Page 1 of 1