WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010

Go down 
+11
lance
LISA
DJ STE
Michelle
pauldb38
Little Elvis
John Devil
Garry John
Malcolm King
Garry J Foley
PaulShookUp
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:11 pm

[quote="PaulShookUp"]Lee Memphis King is not in the contest and never was he just asked if he could attend and watch, the contest has been full for awhile now and several well known ETA's have had to be dissapointed but you do have 12 months to enter, so you all know what to do in future to guarantee a place .

I never said he was!!! I asked if the rumours are true that he was coming as put on facebook! and that he does a great show. yes chris also had 12 months to enter!!

See everyne at weekend! looking forward to it no matter WHO is in the comp!

Lisa xxx
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Should be a good weekend Lisa, hopefully we can all get there with this snow. Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 848793
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi Val, I love the snow, but just had to drive in it! will leave that to Chris. We dnt arrive until late friday eve, (before the bar closes i hope hahah). I must remember to take a coat this time for when all us nasty smokers have a ciggarrette outside! See you there Val. xx
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 pm

We will probably get there in the morning, think Gary John is opening the bar for us Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Lol . I hate driving in the snow as I have such a small car, anything deeper than about 2inches I get stuck in. I think you might need more than a coat, probably need a duvet as well. Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 848793
Back to top Go down
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 pm

good luck everyone who,s entering the comp Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 370249 me n deb have decided to come after all ...couldn,t keep away . Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Lol
gonna dust my ski,s off ..think we might be skiing if it carry,s on...
look foward to seeing val n mike again seems ages ago!!!
lisa we are taking some vodka n bacardi ... Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Drunken_smilie Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Drunken_smilie diet coke of course !!!
looking forward to meeting old friends and new >>>>
LANCE
TCB
Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Looking forward to meet you too Lance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi Lance, looking forward to seeing you and deb also. (were the tracks ok that Chris sent you) xxxx
Back to top Go down
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 am

yep tracks were brill thanks !!!
Back to top Go down
tom carpenter
Graceland Gates are in Sight
Graceland Gates are in Sight
tom carpenter

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:59 am

Blackpool Gazette's report on the norovirus at The Norbreck Hotel:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/Virus-hits-Blackpool-hotel.5955700.jp

January 5th 2010

A BLACKPOOL hotel has been forced to turn away more than 350 guests after a 17-day battle with a sickness bug.
Health chiefs launched an investigation at the Norbreck Castle Hotel before Christmas after an estimated 160 people were struck down with what is suspected to be norovirus.

The North Shore hotel has now closed its doors to new arrivals after more guests reported symptoms, which include vomiting and diarrhoea, over the weekend.

Tests by the Health Protection Agency have not yet confirmed whether the outbreak is norovirus, and hotel managers at the 480-bedroom hotel are still undertaking a thorough clean of the building.

Dr Ken Lamden, consultant in communicable disease control for Cumbria and Lancashire Health Protection Agency (HPA), said: "It's not entirely unexpected for norovirus, which we suspect this is, to go on for a few weeks.

"Tests are currently ongoing, but we have not had this confirmed yet.

"The Norbreck Castle has been quite badly affected and guests were still reporting symptoms over the weekend.

"The Health Protection Agency has had meetings with the hotel and management have taken our advice, cleaning the hotel thoroughly.

"The hotel took the decision to close to new guests yesterday, which is a good idea to stop new guests bringing in the virus and prolonging it."

First reports of the winter vomiting virus were received by hotel management after a Christmas party on December 18.

Hotel bosses initially took the decision to inform guests, but not turn them away.

But the Norbreck Castle's manager, Tony Banks, today said: "Norovirus has been prolific this year, and we decided not to bring in more guests who may have the virus, or expose new guests to it.

"We have thoroughly cleaned all bedrooms, kitchens, and everywhere else in the hotel, and we've opened the windows and turned the heating up to get rid of it.

"The hotel will reopen to guests on Friday, in time for the Elvis Convention, which begins on January 8, as this is our biggest event of the year.

"I rang guests personally, and rang the coach companies who were due to book in yesterday, over the weekend. This amounted to more than 350 guests."

More than 40 guests were struck down with the illness at The Cliffs hotel, on North Promenade, in October, and the Viking Hotel, on North Promenade, turned away around 200 guests after being forced to close for a weekend in November.

Norovirus causes nausea, followed by vomiting and diarrhoea.
Some people also suffer a raised temperature, headaches and aching limbs.

What is The Norovirus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 am

Thank you for the update Tom!!
It is good, something has been done about it.
Looking forward to it!!

(still not going to eat there) Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Lol
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Ok lets put the record straight i have just spoke to the front of house manager at the norbeck , they have taken voluntry precautions and sanatised the whole building. They are taking in guests today and anyone with a booking for the elvis convention will be booked in at the agreed times as per your contract.

So party party party .....
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Everything will be alright! Elvis is watching over us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I just thought I would let people know.. i have just called Norbeck to try and get us booked in a day early because of the weather and they won't but its cool cos will find somewhere BUT I said what will happen to the people coming thursday she said they wont be letting ANYONE in til friday. I explained that is not what some people have been told who are staying over Thursday so she went off to check come backa nd said she had spoken to the manager and definately no one is being checked in before Friday.

It seems they dont know what they doing - I just wanted to mention it for those going thursday may be an idea to get the name of the person saying they will be allowing guests in on Thursday.

Me is off now to try and find a room for da night..

huggs

Michelle
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Ppppff the staff there, is realy lauzy!
We had to call 4 times, just to book a room, they would call back, or they said that we had to call back.
There was just ONE staff member, that had some respect and friendlyness to the costumer, but the other ones, they dint even know where they where talking about.

If you would call again in 5 minutes, you will get a differend story...
Very strainge.
I realy realy hope, that all of yaw that would arive tomorow will be treaded with dignaty and that they find a good solution, if it is still not fixt.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 pm

just come off phone from speaking to the manager to be told defo will be open tomorrow for early competion arrivals Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_scratch Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_scratch so will have to see
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Maybe it is becourse you already booked in, Garry John?
It is so strainge that they dont all have the same policy
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Right i just rang again they are booking people in today and anyone who has booked for the elvis convention and has a reserved room will honour the contract.

So people don't worry , I tried to book a room for sunday and was told to ring back friday as they have issues with the booking system.

Please no more scare stories if you ring speak to the duty manager who i have today 2 different managers same answer we are open as usual !

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Lets all enjoy the weekend and not worry about anything else. Dont forget to take you booking reference numbers with you.

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 870295 Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 528382
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanx for the reminder Val!!!
That would be tipycal something to forget...
So i just wrote it down, and put it in my money purse, so i cant forget!
We are all going to have a FANTASTIC time!!!
Back to top Go down
ian
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
ian

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Don't forget your disposeable pampers, and keep your cheeks nice and tight, and for the ones who wear pull me ins, forget them, you need keep it ins. Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_redface
The Viking Hotel on Blackpool prom was closed for over a week with the same bug before exmas.
Good luck guys and have a good time and look after my boy.
Ian
Billy Dean
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:07 pm

We will do Billy Dean, taking trainers in case I have to run anywhere. Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 35213
Back to top Go down
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

will they be tall heel leather trainer jobbies val Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 35213
LANCE
TCB
Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm

If they made them, I would have them Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5