WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010

Go down 
+11
lance
LISA
DJ STE
Michelle
pauldb38
Little Elvis
John Devil
Garry John
Malcolm King
Garry J Foley
PaulShookUp
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Little Elvis
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Little Elvis

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Cheers Pete

Well that's good to hear, Lets hope everyone has a great weekend without any illness
Back to top Go down
http://www.lostrockets.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:22 pm

it must be pretty serious for them to shut it down to clean it through, personally not sure if that is going to stop anyone getting the lergy!!! I am a bit perturbed I am by no means Mrs Bouquet but I like cleanliness and the thought of staying in a room thats full of germs and maybe worse is making me itch and feel queasy already.

I am a bit suprprised as I know the company who owns the Norbreck own a few other hotels one of which family members go to at least 4 times a year and love it and say its clean warm friendly and the food is great, so not sure whats happening with the Norbeck.

I do agree with what michelle said, I have been to the places she mentioned and yep they were scummy why cant nicer places be choosen for these events.

What we pay for Norbeck £93 for the 3 nights may seem pretty cheap but infact it is no cheaper than what the other hotels in that group charge at this time of year, infact I think its actually a wee bit more expensive, which I find a bit confusing especially as if you stay and are not there for the Elvis the hotel actually lays on the entertainment, go for the Elvis event and you pay for it on top of the room rates, so really the hotel should be giving all those booking rooms for the Elvis Comp a discount for the fact they are not having to lay on the entertainment for them that they would otherwise have to do for regular paying guests..

I am just really feeling pretty scared now that may end up in some dingy sesspit of a room and come home with the lergy.. Thats if we aint all snowed in.. hehe gotta laugh or will cry... but have heard weather is not good, can anyone nearer the event shed any light on the weather situation pleaseeeeeeee.

Huggs to all

Michelle Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm

if push comes to shiove can we stay with you essie in your penthouse suite with whirl bath hehe Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:38 pm

AM GETTING VVVVVVEERRYYYYY NERVIOUS NOW AS ME & 6 OTHERS OUT OF OR PARTY AT LAST YEARS COMP CAUGHT THIS BUG & TO FIND OUT THEY HAVE IT AGAIN
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Calm down guys, i am sure they sell Jagermeister! The perfect solution for any virusses! Johnny and i call it 'Anti-Sveinflue'
You all just drink enough alcohol to kill all the germs.
(i still wont eat there!)

Michelle, i dont think our room is any cleaner then the others though.
Guess i have to bring Glorix afterall..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Guys and Girls

I have had a call from Dave at St Albans Hotel and he has informed me its bad again this is like the 3rd tear running the hotel has had to be closed to get cleaned because of a outbreak in Germs. The fact is non of the local hotels suffer like this , Fear not though if your worried about staying there Dave has offered to re-open his Elvis themed hotel to anyone needing somwhere to stay. They was going to take a break but he has told me he wouldn't want to see people stuck without anywhere to stay. Thanks very much for the update n the situation.

Anyone want to contact dave can do so on

St. Albans Hotel - St Annes on Sea

31-33 St. Albans Road
St Annes on Sea
Lancashire
England
FY8 1TG

01253 721967
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Getting allot of pm's and phone calls asking about the outbreak , this has been reported in one of the papers see link below , Norbeck Castle refuse to comment.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/told-bug-hell-hotel/article-1667784-detail/article.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:56 pm

I think it is good, that it is in the newspaper, then you KNOW they will do something about it.
Still not going to eat there though..
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Well I will taking my hand gel, gastro tablets. Asking them to show me the kitchens, they are not allowed to refuse. Why on earth has the health inspectors not closed and even sacked the staff. Looks like I will be taking my caravan in the carpark. The hotel is owned by the Britannia hotel chain...

Last edited by val w (Kinky Boots) on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm

We toke the hotel inc. breakfast.
But we had a talk about the hotel when we had dinner, and we desided to just buy some breakfast at a supermarket, and we go out for diner (subways or pizzahut or what ever) and i will check the sheets right away when we come in the hotelroom.
I will take anti-bac with me, so we always have germ free hands.
In 2008 i already thought the food was LAUZY, and i think last year it was, when some people got sick from eating there too...
So it has been going on for a while.
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 pm

The Official news from the Hotel is they have voluntarilly closed themselves and moved the current guests to other Hotels while they do everything they can to eradicate any problems prior to the Convention starting, so yes the Hotel re-opens for Guests from Thursday. A hotel of this size and the number of guests, means most of the time a bug is brought in by someone ( maybe a full Body Scanner would help identify ) so as we will be the first guests back in the Hotel it would be one of us who brings something in with them, so get rid now before you get there !!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I have just emailed their head office, I will let everyone know what they have said. I basically asked why this has happened for the 3rd Year running Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid . The loss to people who perform and probably have to cancel shows after the event due to illness. I seriously think the promotors need to start looking at other venues.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Michelle

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Get all the ETA's to wear white surgical face masks decorated with rhinestones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basingstokerocknroll.co.uk/
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:14 pm

eselvisfan wrote:
Anyone playing instruments???
I realy have to get Johnny some Jagermeister!!! hihi

I have found out what Jagermeister is, I thought it was a German Lager Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:25 pm

I thought for ages that it was a play on words.

'A master of horizontal jogging. '

A Jagermeister !!

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_redface Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_redface Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_redface

Looks like great stuff though, put hairs on my chest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Hihi No it is an 'Anti-Sveinflue' or a 'Stomac-cleaner'.
Very strong liquer, indead from Germany.
Good for the throwt, and kills the germs. hihi
So it may be smart if the hotel will sell it!

Wonder what the Hotel manager will answer you, Val.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 pm

It was first introduced to the public in 1935 (the year of Elvises birth), so it is a truly fitting tonic to fight off the Norbreck lurgy.

Michelle x
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 pm

My friends were drinking them at weekend and mentioned it in work today and I realised I reckonised the name, this is how I found out what it was. Looks like we will be getting a few of them in. Hope he replies soon, will let everyone know.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Well, if they will answer as fast, as they would call back, you would never get an answer...

Hihi Did youre co-workers like it? I am not much for it, but i got Johnny one time tipsy on stage with it, and it was one of his best performance. He was nice and lose!! haha
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:22 pm

I think they do as they seem to have it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 pm

i've just been reading the newspaper article that paul b posted & on the comments part of the article if i'm reading it right it says that the bug DID NOT origanate from the norbreck but was brought into the hotel by a coach party that was transfered from the scarsbrick hotel in southport & that is where the virus origanated from..so mabye the norbreck isnt at fault Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_question Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_question Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_question & thinking about it mabye its better for all of us thats going is the fact that this issue has been found & appears to be being dealt with quite quickly..also idont think enviromental helth would or will allow them to re-open if things arnt right Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_exclaim Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_exclaim Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_exclaim but i may have to reconsider taking the kids now as both they & my wife where very ill for 3 weeks after last years convention due to this bug Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_pale Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_pale Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_pale Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid it is a very hard one to shake off
Back to top Go down
tom carpenter
Graceland Gates are in Sight
Graceland Gates are in Sight
tom carpenter

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Most germs and viruses are spread by fluid droplets transfer. Sneezing, spittle, not washing hands after the toilet etc. Basic hygiene is achieved by simply cleaning, covering orifices when coffing and sneezing and washing hands after using the toilet. Flu germs from a simple sneeze can lay active on a surface for 48 hours or more.

A lot of hotels keep all of their windows shut tight. Air condition circulates bugs. The filters are rarely cleaned and billions of bugs are constantly distributed throughout the complex because of this. I have been to the Norbreck a Xmas or so ago. The place was packed with OAP'S, the heating and air conditioning was up at full blast. It was like being in a retirement establishment. Dust, germs and heat... the perfect breeding ground for illness. Especially this time of year, everybody's immune systems are delicate.

Old fashioned cleaning, Kim n Aggy style with the vinegar and bicarb, simples
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:32 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Well I will taking my hand gel, gastro tablets. Asking them to show me the kitchens, they are not allowed to refuse. Why on earth has the health inspectors not closed and even sacked the staff. Looks like I will be taking my caravan in the carpark. The hotel is owned by the Britannia hotel chain...
Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_pale Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_pale Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_pale can you get us all some tabs & gel & perhaps some of them space suits Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Lol Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Lol Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Lol Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:36 pm

http://www.protecdirect.co.uk/Disposable-Coveralls/Protective-Coverall-Type-5%2F6-%22Combined-Performance-and-Comfort%22.htm#nogo
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:38 pm

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/army-surplus/military-gas-masks/british-army-olive-green-nbc-286534.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010   Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contest/Convention Blackpool 2010
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next